Our certifications: ISO/IEC 27001: 2013
Coderus achieved ISO/IEC 27001:2013 – Information Security certification in May 2018. This built on our ISO 9001 certification gained in 2016 and reflects our ongoing commitment to the ISO family of standards.
About ISO/IEC 27000
The ISO/IEC 27000 family helps organisations keep information assets safe. The ISO/IEC 27001 is the best-known standard in the family, and requires organisations to create, and adhere to, best practices for an information security management system (ISMS). Companies may choose to implement an ISMS and benefit from its best practice, or, do as Coderus did, and have its efforts certified too.
Read about our Integrated Management System.
What are the benefits of gaining ISO/IEC 27001 status?
For Coderus employees, adherence to ISO/IEC 27001 means:
- They can be confident knowing that their personal data is only seen by the people who need to see it, relevant to the role.
- They have better structure and focus about who owns which information and how to handle data that they manage.
- They can work in a daily manner that is underpinned by clear roles, responsibility and competence.
- Our documents are easy to locate, retrieve and navigate; all information assets are subject to identification, version control and audit.
For Coderus clients, our adherence to ISO/IEC 27001 means:
- We are well aligned with regulation around data security e.g. GDPR – a must for growing companies wishing to compete on a global scale.
- We have taken the necessary steps to ensure the safety of our clients’ data, protecting it against internal and external threats – essential in a software development environment.
- We follow stringent operations and process control, keeping documentation to a minimum to ensure that we are efficient and get things right first time.
- Incidents, when they do happen, are handled in a proper manner and corrective actions applied.
More information about the UKAS accredited ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification is available from our external auditor NQA Global Certification Body.