With offices in Ipswich, Cambridge and Norwich, our team is constantly expanding. Our rapid growth and diversification into new vertical markets means that we need to find talented recruits with ideas and the ability to develop our increasing portfolio of software projects as well as iOS, Android, IoT, Windows and cross-platform mobile applications. If you’re passionate about tech, friendly, creative and looking to pursue a career in software development then come join us!
Careers at Coderus
At Coderus, the opportunities are endless. We are proud to be recognised as a company that encourages individual growth, represents a range of diverse cultures and dynamic local talent, and inspires the next generation of tech innovators.
We are constantly looking for apprentices, graduates and experienced software engineers, QA engineers, project managers and designers covering UX and UI design as well as software design to join our team. Our team expertise includes innovative embedded software engineers, Android developers, iOS developers, Windows developers, cross-platform developers, backend developers, cloud developers and more.
Learn more about the roles we currently need to fill below, but if you think you have something a little bit different to offer then we would love to hear from you. Find out more about interviews at Coderus below and read more on our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.
Swipe to Navigate
Android Developer Job
Are you a creative and passionate Android developer with experience in Object-oriented programming languages and a fan of Kotlin in particular? Do you enjoy being innovative and coming up with new ideas? We are seeking an Android developer to join our team and get involved in some exciting new projects.
Backend Software Developer Job
Are you a detail-oriented backend software developer with experience in server-side scripting languages and back-end programming languages as well as database and front-end technologies? Do you have the ability to manage a hosting environment including database administration as well as scaling applications to handle load changes? We are looking for a backend software developer to join our team and get involved in some exciting projects.
Business Operations Apprentice
Are you seeking a new role in a fast-growing and innovative tech company? Do you have a desire to go forward in a business operations role?
Cloud Engineer Job
Are you an analytical and enthusiastic cloud engineer with experience in scripting languages and Object-oriented programming languages? Do you have an in-depth knowledge of cloud service providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP or Digital Ocean? We are looking for a cloud engineer to join our team and get involved in some exciting new projects.
Embedded Developer Job
Are you a creative and motivated embedded developer with experience in C/C++? Do you have an interest or experience using Microchip PIC with MPLAB X, Cypress PSoC, Arduino, ESP, or any other embedded/electronics platforms? Do you have a keen interest in the Internet of Things and how it works? We are looking for an embedded developer to join our team and get involved in some exciting projects.
Graphic Design Assistant
Are you a creative student currently studying or a recent graduate looking for an internship or 12 month placement opportunity? We are seeking a graphic design assistant to join our team on a temporary basis with the potential for a full-time opportunity.
iOS Developer Job
Are you a creative and passionate iOS developer with experience in Objective-C and Swift? Do you enjoy being innovative and coming up with new ideas? We are seeking an iOS developer to join our team and get involved in some exciting new projects.
Marketing, PR & Business Development Assistant Job
Are you a creative student currently studying or a recent graduate looking for a short term internship or placement opportunity? We are seeking a marketing, PR and business development assistant to join our team on a temporary basis with the potential for a full-time opportunity.
QA Engineer Job
Are you a curious and enthusiastic QA engineer or test analyst with an ISTQB Foundation Certification? Do you enjoy learning new ways to develop test programs as well as developing new skills and knowledge along the way? We are seeking a QA engineer to join our team and get involved in testing some exciting new projects.
Technical Project Manager Job
Are you a problem solving technical project manager with a Prince 2 Qualification or similar? Do you have experience working within a Scrum environment and have a thorough understanding of Agile software development processes? We are seeking a technical project manager to join our team and get involved in planning and managing some exciting new projects.
Working at Coderus is great and we get loads of cool projects to work on.
Hours, Remuneration and Benefits of Working at Coderus
The working week is 40 hours on a flexible working arrangement with a salary dependent on experience and skill set.
We are currently in the process of improving our benefits package but these are the current benefits.
Continuous Training & Development
- We have a bespoke, in-house Learning Management System (LMS) and a core skills development strategy for every employee.
- Each person has a tailored training plan with allocated R&D time during work hours.
Hybrid & Flexible Working
- We give employees the freedom to choose when they start and finish the working day, as long as they complete the hours set out in their contract.
- We ensure any compulsory meetings are set during our core hours (10 a.m. – 4 p.m.) so that everyone can attend.
- We utilise power blocks to give the team uninterrupted time to complete their work.
- Our contracts facilitate a balance between office and home working.
Fitness Family & Free Gym Membership
- Every member of our team has free access to an on-site gym at Adastral Park.
- Team members can use the gym facilities and attend classes where the guidelines permit.
- Team members can add themselves to our Strava team and participate in our team fitness challenges, charity events and our Coderus walking club.
Free Barista-Style Coffee & Cold Drinks
- Not only do employees have access to as much coffee as they can drink, but we also provide Coderus branded travel mugs too!
- If you’re not a fan of hot drinks, we also have a regularly stocked cold drinks fridge with water, juices and fizzy drinks.
Thriving Social Calendar
- Each week we hold a virtual games night, open to all.
- We host virtual coffee breaks each day, purely for a social chat about anything we feel like talking about that day.
- We hold monthly competitions for the team to engage in safely from home.
Morning Team Ideas & Sharing Sessions
- We’ve created an environment conducive to innovative thinking so that our team is always coming up with the most creative, innovative ideas and solutions for our projects.
- We value every idea put forward by members of the team – no matter how big or small.
Employee of the Month Scheme
- Each month, our team anonymously votes for who we think should be named Employee of the Month.
- We base our nominations on how well the nominee has upheld our core values, innovation, imagination, integrity, quality and continued learning.
- The decision is made by our senior management team who review all of the nominations and are not involved in the initial nomination process themselves.
Holiday Allowance (33 Days)
- 20 Statutory Holiday Days
- 8 Bank Holiday Days
- 3 Holiday Days in December
- Birthday Off
- 1 Additional Holiday Day
Free Professional Memberships
- We offer our team complimentary professional memberships for specialist tech organisations such as Ipswich Makerspace and the IET.
Free Team Lunches
- Covid-19 permitting, each department is able to schedule a team lunch at the office on a day of their choice.
- Covid-19 permitting, the company will host socially distanced team BBQs outdoors.
Free Haircuts & Beauty Treatments
- There is an on-site barber at Adastral Park where our team can go to receive a complimentary haircut.
- We have partnered with a local beautician who our team can visit to receive face, nail and brow treatments as well as massages.
Wellness & Sick Days
- There is both paid sick leave and statutory sick leave available for all employees.
- Outside of general sick leave, we provide wellbeing and mental health days to our team where required.
Free Eye Tests
- The team are entitled to free eye tests at any opticians in the U.K.
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle.
Founder of Apple
Employee Wellbeing at Coderus
At Coderus, employee wellbeing is at the heart of our organisation, which is why every employee has access to our Employee Wellbeing Helpline. We also offer free gym memberships to our team to ensure the physical and mental health of everyone.
I struggle with various mental health conditions and everyone at Coderus has been really supportive and flexible working means I can attend important appointments regarding my health before our core hours and not feel guilty.
Senior Marketing Consultant
Coderus Diversity Policy
Coderus is an equal opportunities employer meaning we are committed to ensuring that everyone who works for us and applies for a role with us is treated fairly regardless of age, disability, gender, marriage and civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.