At Coderus we are committed to making a difference in the digital community, both locally and globally. As a sponsor of the Suffolk Creative Computing Club, and their new Charitable Foundation, we are working to support young people, inspiring them to take up tech today, shaping their careers for tomorrow. Now we are offering an easy way to support this amazing organisation locally, and to contribute globally at the same time.
The Suffolk Creative Computing Club was originally set up to give young people – primarily 11 to 16-year olds – the opportunity to learn new digital skills in a fun and informal learning environment. The Club has since grown to include weekend sessions, private tutoring, adult learning and teacher CPD training that covers GCSE ICT and computing.
At Coderus we have been supporting the Club since early 2017. We have also been sponsoring the Charitable Foundation since November 2017. All helping to raise funds to bring access to technology to more young people across the county.
We contribute in other ways too, dedicating our time to help deliver learning experiences across a range of activities including:
- Taster programming sessions for 55 schools and around 1,500 pupils, at Adastral Park with BT and the Innovation Martlesham tech cluster, during Science Week in March 2018.
- Bespoke project support to develop an anti-bullying app with Langham Oaks School in Essex.
- Tours of our office with Kesgrave High School GCSE and A-Level students.
- School placements.
- Mobile testers providing support by competent users of tech during school holidays.
- Attendance at Careers Fairs at Universities across the region, including guest lectures and coaching sessions.
- Summer internships for undergraduates and postgraduates studying computer science, marketing and business studies.
- Live streams of developer conference keynotes, with tech demos provided by our developer teams and tech partners, such as Microsoft HoloLens.
- Monthly SyncIpswich tech meet-ups in partnership with Ijyi, the University of Suffolk’s IWIC and TechEast.
- Support for local community projects, including ‘a recent history of the future’ as part of the MH100 celebration of 100 years of innovation at Martlesham Heath.
Now, we are hoping to inspire others to support the Suffolk Creative Computing Club, as well as helping to reduce the amount of plastic and unrecyclable waste cast out across the world. Our ‘mugs for life’ are available, for a suggested minimum donation of £5. Every penny that is donated in person goes directly to the Creative Computing Club’s Charitable Foundation, which is committed to providing disadvantaged young people across Suffolk with access to digital equipment and learning.
Our ‘smart’ eco-friendly mugs sport a QR code and hyperlink to a dedicated JustGiving webpage, where donors can request to Gift Aid. For every £10 donated, a nominal fee is paid to JustGiving, and the Foundation gets £11.74. A great deal that is further enhanced by discounts from cafés for re-using mugs, typically of around 10p a refill.
Help tomorrow’s innovators get into digital today. To support the Creative Computing Club and their Charitable Foundation, visit ccccf.coderus.com.